The practice of giving out medals at the end of races has become fairly common these days, from the Boston Marathon to your local 5K, there’s a good chance of picking up some bling as you cross the finish line. The two best, proudest moments of my post-high school running career have been receiving my finisher’s medal for the 2009 Boston Marathon and getting to personally put a medal around Rebecca’s neck as she crossed the finish line for the Providence Half Marathon. Being a sentimental pack rat, I hang on to all my medals, not so much because I may have had a particularly great race, but because every race is a memory and the medals help remind me of that. Same goes for race bibs. I still have bibs and medals from high school races in fact. The problem with all this bling and bibs is how to keep it and/or display them in a meaningful/neat way. Currently, I keep my bibs in a plastic sleeve (or in my race bag, or dresser, etc.) and my medals are hung on a hook as seen below:
Clearly not the most elegant solution. Well, if you’re like me, have I got an exciting contest for you! The fantastic company Running On The Wall has most generously agreed to give one of their bib hangers or medal hangers to one of my readers. They have versions that are geared towards men and women (or both), all of which are pretty great. Here are some examples of their wares:
Pretty awesome huh? This giveaway is being done in conjunction with The Hub Running Club, so here’s how to enter:
- You MUST Like BOTH The Hub Running Club’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HubRunningClub) and Running On The Wall’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/RunningOnTheWall).
- Leave a comment on this page letting me know that you’ve done so (or already have in the past) as well as which Running on the Wall product is your favorite.
- Get an additional entry if you Like Level Renner’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/LevelRenner) and let me know via comment that you’ve done so.
- Get an additional entry by sharing your favorite bib/medal story here via comment.
- Finally, get an additional entry by sharing if you belong to any running club/team/group run etc., and which running club/team/group run etc. it is you belong to!
Easy huh? This contest will end at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 14, 2012 (please read that carefully Doug Osborne). Good luck to all and thank you once again to the folks at Running On The Wall!